Sunday 16 December 2012

Christmas traditions

"It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty founder was a child Himself" - Charles Dickens

I love seeing Christmas through my girl's eyes! It brings back so many memories, and even though in my childhood it was the New Year's day, not Christmas. Christmas doesn't really feel "real" untill the Christmas tree is decorated! I still remember some of the Christmas tree decorations we had, most of them were from glass and I remember unwrapping them before hanging on the Christmas tree and then wrapping them before putting away.

I wanted to have some of those memories captured for my girls so I was determined even though now when Lucy is back from school there isn't not much light left! I have posted this photo on Facebook and I promised I would explain how I shot it - I turned the main overhead light off, so I had the Christmas lights and I have also used a work lamp, similar to this one - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60066540/. Very technical, right!

 




Even with a school uniform and no natural light I still love these images, I hope the girls will enjoy looking at them when they grow up.

0 comments:

 
© Tamara Tovey Photography